In case you didn’t already know, I am a complete and utter cosmetics, fragrance, skincare and hair product junkie. I have spent the vast majority of my career in the beauty sector for good reason, nothing excites me like a new and innovative product offering a ‘quick fix’.
I don’t know about each of you, but I work anywhere from 40 – 50+ hours and week while spend 3 nights a week at school. In my spare time, I try my best to be a superstar fiancée, daughter, sister and friend. Sometimes, all I want is just an extra hour of sleep, ideally between the 7am-8am range.
Low and behold, I present to you my top 10 beauty hacks so you can get some extra beauty sleep and be more efficient as you are running out the door for a 12 hour day ahead:
- Out of blush? Use lipstick instead. In the springtime especially, my must have lip/cheer product is Bobbi Brown’s Pot Rouge. My favourite shade of all time is Fresh Melon.
- Mix a drop of cinnamon oil into your lip gloss to give your lips a plumping boost (peppermint oil works too).
- Are you as concerned with hiding lack of sleep and fighting puffy eyes as I am? Keep your eye cream in the fridge. My favourite eye creams of all time are The Eye Concentrate by Crème De La Mer and Origins Plantscription™ Anti-Aging Power Eye Cream.
- Use a white or light eyeliner to really make your eyes pop (or hide how tired you are). I love Bobbi Brown’s Retouching Pencils and Clinique’s Skinny Stick in Angel Hair White.
- Use the one & done philosophy: If you’ve got only a short amount of time play up either your eyes or your lips, not both.
- Too exhausted after a long day and lacking momentum to wash your face at night? Keep face wipes by your bed. I recommend Clinique’s Take The Day Off Micellar Cleansing Towelettes for Face & Eyes.
- If you don’t have makeup remover, just use coconut oil. Tried. Tested. True.
- Dry Shampoo has so many untapped uses. You can use it to hold a style on soft and fine hair, hide roots that need to be re-done and help control hair when you’ve accidentally applied too much product. My personal pick is shampure™ dry shampoo by Aveda.
- Save time by drying your hair with a T-shirt instead of a towel. I didn’t believe it at first but as soon as I tried I never went back to using a towel again!
- If you’re too impatient to wait for your moisturizer, eye cream, and lip balm to dry, or for your makeup to set, then blast your face with a blow-dryer on the cool setting.